Data protection policy
The General Data Protection Regulation, known as GDPR came into effect in May 2018, it will be incorporated into the new Data Protection Act 2018 (the legislation) that will supersede the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and a new Irish Data Protection Act that will supersede the Irish Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003.
Teamwork UK Ltd are committed to protecting and processing any personal data in accordance with the GDPR. This includes a requirement to have appropriate security to prevent it being accidentally or deliberately compromised. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
The policy applies to all data the company holds relating to Teamwork UK, our customer and supplier contacts, it includes
- Names of individuals, including job title and profession
- Postal addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Plus any other relevant information relating to individuals
Everyone who works for Teamwork UK Ltd has the responsibility for ensuring data is collected, stored and handled appropriately. We may disclose your personal information, e.g your name (to our employees and insurers) in so far as is reasonably necessary.
We will not without your consent, supply your personal information to any other third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing. We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing company/personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by law. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information (secure password and firewall protected server).
Employees will keep all data secure, by taking sensible precautions and following guidelines below
- Strong passwords must be used
- Personal data will not be disclosed to unauthorised people.
- Data will be regularly reviewed and updated, if it is not required it will be deleted.
While the contract is in operation we will retain your details, and in the event your information changes we would appreciate you informing us so that we can ensure your contact details are correct.
T: 08448 240 247 E: [email protected]
Sterling House, 5 Buckingham Way, Bellfield Road West, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP13 5HQ Registered in England No: 04722846
All data-sensitive paperwork will be stored in a secure place where unauthorised people cannot see it. Data printouts will be shredded when they are no longer required.
Access to the system will be protected by strong passwords. Removable data discs will be stored in a secure place where unauthorised people cannot access them. Any data stored on servers will be in designated drives and not uploaded unless to approved services. Personal information will be stored in a secure location on the server with restricted access. Company information will not be saved to laptops. All servers and computers containing data should be protected by approved security software and firewalls
We have appropriate security to prevent the personal data we hold being accidentally or deliberately compromised. In particular,
- We have designed and organised our security to fit the nature of the personal data held and the harm that may result from a security breach.
- We are clear about who is responsible for ensuring information security.
- We make sure we have the right physical and technical security, backed up by robust policies and procedures and reliable, well-trained staff.
- We are ready to respond to any breach of security swiftly and effectively.
We seek to ensure that:
- Only authorised people can access, alter, disclose or destroy personal data.
- Those people only act within the scope of their authority.
- If personal data is accidentally lost, altered or destroyed, it can be recovered to prevent any damage or distress to the individuals concerned.
Teamwork UK Ltd will handle any Information Security incidents properly, effectively and in a manner that minimises the adverse impact to Teamwork UK Ltd, its customers, suppliers and the public.
Teamwork UK Ltd will ensure that:
- Incidents are reported in a timely manner, are properly investigated and normal
- operations are restored.
- Incidents are handled by appropriately authorised and skilled personnel.
- Incidents are recorded and documented.
- The impact of the incidents are understood and action is taken to prevent further
- damage, the evidence is gathered, recorded and maintained in a form that will withstand internal and external scrutiny.
- Incidents are reviewed to identify improvements in policies and procedures.
The Directors will monitor and review information security incidents to identify recurring incidents and areas of risk. The review process will be used to identify requirements for new or changed policies, to record and identify any other relevant controls. The Directors and IT consultant will conduct periodic testing of the information security handling procedures to maintain and improve staff awareness of the procedures and the actions required
We may update this policy from time to time and will publish any updated versions on our website.